Use this BrakeBuddy when towing a vehicle behind your motorhome. When you tow a vehicle behind your motorhome, the towed vehicle becomes, "dead weight" and pushes as the motorhome tries to slow or stop. In many cases, the towed vehicle puts so much stress on the motorhomes brakes that they may fade or fail. Towing a vehicle will also increase the distance it takes to stop. The BrakeBuddy will take the entire weight of the towed vehicle off the motorhomes over burden brakes. The BrakeBuddy operates by using a solid state inertia device to actuate an air cylinder that pushes on the brake pedal of the towed vehicle.
The device may be high tech, but installing it is not. Installation takes three easy steps.
1. Place the BrakeBuddy on the towed vehicles drivers side floorboard and attach Quick-Lock clevis assembly to towed vehicles brake pedal.
2. Adjust the Trufit Risers then move the seat forward until it contacts with the BrakeBuddy.
3. Plug Brakebuddy into a power port and select your desired braking power.
It is that simple. You are ready to Tow. An Alert System is included with the BrakeBuddy. It alerts you to let you know that the BrakeBuddy is activated. It is a wireless transmitter/receiver system. A Breakaway System is also included with the BrakeBuddy. Most states have adopted laws and regulations for breakaway systems to provide increased road safety. This Breakaway System meets all regulatory requirements in the US and Canada. Installation of the Breakaway System takes about an hour.
TruFit™ Risers: Quickly and easily positions your braking system for ultimate braking performance
Proportional Braking: Braking mirrors the braking in the coach
Quick-Lock™ Clevis: Tightens securely, no matter the shape or size of your brake pedal
- One Touch Startup Button
- Easy-Pull™ Power Cord: Provides power and break-away connection to your braking system with a simple, one-cord connection
- Exclusive AutoStart™: Automatically performs diagnostic system check and cycles the brake pedal, preventing flat-spotting of tires.
- Compact, Lightweight Design: Easy-access handle folds for easy carrying and storage.
- Towed Vehicle Battery Charger: Provided 15 Amp battery charger keeps the towed vehicle battery fully charged>
- Works on all Vehicles, Including Hybrids
- Includes Alert System and Breakaway System
- Legendary Service: A team of dedicated customer service representatives provide premium support before, during and after the sale.
- Construction: ABS Polycarbonate
- Tow Safe and Legal: Meets Braking Requirements in All 50 States and Canada
- Powered Required: 12 Volts, 5 Amps from towing vehicle
- No Connection to Motorhome
- Easily Transferred Between Vehicles
- No Alterations to your Hydraulic Lines
- Reduces motorhome and towed vehicle stopping distance up to 50%
- Size: 9" X 11" X 14"
- 5 year warranty - 30 day money back guarantee