The Tekonsha Prodigy P2 brake controller features new motion sensor technology. It is equipped with a sensor that detects the tow vehicle’s rate of deceleration and applies proportional braking to the trailer. It is designed with the Boost feature that gives you the ability to apply more initial trailer braking power. This is especially useful when towing heavier trailers. The Prodigy P2 works proportionally in reverse, which is great for backing into tight spots. This unit has no vertical mounting limitations, which means it will operate even when mounted to a vertical surface. It also can be used with Electric/Hydraulic trailer actuators. The digital display shows the voltage delivered to the trailer during braking and displays the continual diagnostic checks for proper connection, shorted magnet condition, open ground and much more. A 3 ft pigtail connector is included with the Prodigy P2. The Prodigy P2 meets NHTSA regulations regarding tow vehicle/trailer light activation.
- Quick and Easy Disconnect Feature
- Self-adjusting - No manual Level
- Multiple Mounting Options - including Vertical
- Designed to work with Electric/Hydraulic Trailer Brake Actuators
- Reverse Battery Protection for both Vehicle and Breakaway Systems
- Exclusive Boost feature Allows Ability to Apply More Initial Braking Power
- Digital Display Depicts Voltage Delivery to Trailer During Braking
- Applies Power to Trailer Brakes in Proportion to Vehicle’s Deceleration
- Designed for 2, 4, 6 & 8 Brake System
- Includes 20127 Universal Quick Disconnect Wire Harness
- Optional Custom Dual Plug Wire Harness Available
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
This chart will help you pick out the Brake Control Wire Harness required to hook a Brake Control to your vehicle.