The Gen-Y Adjustable Torsion Drop Hitch is the best hitch for ultimate control and safety while towing. It will adapt to any bumper style trailer on the market including pintle style couplings.
The Gen-Y Rubber Torsion Hitches only transfers 10% of the trailer inertia compared to 100% using a hard connection hitch giving you the ultimate control. The tow vehicle and trailer track independently giving you greater control and added safety by reducing sway and trailer bounce. The Torsion Hitch greatly increased braking control since all the weight on the tow vehicle and trailer is distributed evenly giving you increased positive contact when braking and maneuvering.
The 90% smoother ride allows you to glide instead of bounce increasing gas mileage. Reduces trailer and content fatigue, metal fatigue caused by traditional towing results in your trailer and its contents taking a beating. Reduces driver fatigue to help ensure everyone (family, friends, pets, horses, and livestock) arrives alive.
The possibilities are endless with the Gen-Y dual-receiver hitch designed for RVers, off-roaders or serious outdoorsmen. Dual receivers results in options for multiple applications at the same time such as using one of the top positions for a bike rack or spare tire and the lower positions for towing a trailer. Other options would be to use a bike rack on top and tow bar on the bottom or having a spare tire rack in the top position and using a cargo carrier in the bottom position. Therefore, it is a great choice for any full-size vehicle or RV and can be used with any standard 2″ ball mount, luggage rack, motorcycle carrier, cargo rack, etc. The dual ball mount allows for the quick and easy selection of either a 2" ball or a 2-5/16" ball. The addition pintle block can be installed in the tube above the dual ball mount to secure the trailer pintle ring
The desired height of the attachments is adjustable by simply pulling a pin and moving the ball mount to that position. Ensuring that trailers are being towed level is especially important when towing trailers with torsion axles.
- Fits 2" Receiver
- Four Vertical Positions
- Drop Distance: 5"
- Rise Distance: 5"
- Vertical Distance between adjacent pin holes: 2-1/2", center to center
- Includes the Shank, Two Pins, Dual Ball Mount and Pintle block
- Dual Ball Mount Includes 2" and 2-5/16" ball sizes
- 2-Steel 1″ Grade 8 Pivot Bolts
- Precision Milled and Drilled
- Fabricated with heavy duty steel
- No Airbag to Maintain, No Bearings to Crush or Wear Out, Virtually Maintenance Free
- Built-In Mechanical Tongue Weight Scale for Balanced Safe Loading
- Finish: Sand Blasted and coated with a durable silver-vein powder coat
- Gross Towing Weight: 16,000 lb
- Gross Tongue Weight: 1,700 lb
- Ball Mount fits standard 2" Receivers
- Made in the USA
- 5 Year Warranty on All Moving Parts — Lifetime Guarantee on Rest of Components
- Additional Lifetime warranty can be purchased thru GEN-Y
- All Gen-Y products are rigorously tested and exceed the SAE-J684 weight testing requirements.
- Never exceed recommended capacity on any trailer tow coupling or vehicle receiver hitch