The CURT Spectrum™ trailer brake controller gives you powerful, precise braking operation in an extremely simple and subtle design inside your vehicle. It features an LED-equipped, rotary knob interface and a separate main module with an advanced accelerometer. This allows for an OE look and feel to be maintained inside the cab of your vehicle. The separated design of the Spectrum™ brake control allows the main module to be mounted behind the dash of the vehicle, completely out of sight. Meanwhile, the compact, unobtrusive interface can be fully integrated into the dash with just a single hole.
The interface of the Spectrum™ trailer brake controller is simple but powerful. It is a single rotary knob with a push-button in the center that allows the driver to adjust brake power output. It is equipped with ten tri-color LEDs (red, blue and green) to show the automated power output of the control. There is no need for a separate display or additional controls, keeping the dash of your vehicle clean, professional and uncluttered.
Behind the Spectrum™ brake controller is a powerful main module with a triple-axis motion-sensing accelerometer. This advanced circuit is able to detect the inertia of the vehicle and trailer on all axes of three-dimensional space. Whatever your speed and whatever grade you are travelling on -- up or down a hill -- the Spectrum™ brake control produces the exact amount of power needed for a smooth, safe stop every time. The main module can be mounted anywhere, at any orientation with the included mounting brackets or adhesive patch.
The Spectrum™ electric brake controller is a fully compatible unit, able to operate up to eight trailer brakes at a time. It can be used on vehicles with ABS brakes and cruise control, and it works with low-voltage and PWM systems.
The Spectrum™ installs in ten minutes or less, using a quick plug harness. These wiring harnesses are vehicle-specific and plug into any CURT brake control for a custom-fit installation in the vehicle. The Spectrum™ also has automatic leveling and calibration features to simplify the setup process.
- Controls all brake settings with a simple push-button rotary knob
- Clean, dash-mounted, OEM-style user interface with 10 tri-color LEDs
- Main module can be mounted anywhere, at any orientation, out of sight
- Highly responsive, smooth stops with triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer
- Easily accessible manual override with the press of a button
- Features two installation options: drill mount or surface adhesive mount
- User-selectable power output and trailer brake light activation
- Automatic leveling and calibration eliminate setup requirements
- Equipped with a quick plug for easy, plug-and-play installation
- Operates 2-8 trailer brakes at a time (1-4 axles)
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Compatible with low-voltage systems, PWM systems, ABS and cruise control
- AL-KO ESC & Dexter Sway Control System approved
- Tow vehicle 'low voltage' and trailer disconnect indicators
- Includes mounting hardware
- Limited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)
- Display: Tri-color LED