Dexter Axle, the leading manufacturer of trailer axles and trailer brakes for over 50 years, announces the release of a removable spindle option on select Torflex axles. The removable spindle option, available on new axles, will allow trailer owners to simply remove and replace damaged spindles in the field without purchasing a new axle beam.
The Dexter Removable Spindle is engineered with a patented positive spindle location with "D" washer design along with a detent groove which ensures proper brake flange location taking out the guess work with no mesuring required. With only one bolt to remove and no special tools necessary, the replacemnt process takes approximately 15 minutes once the hub or hub,drum & brake are removed.
Check out the Video on the Video tab
- Kit Includes: One each of Spindle, Lock Washer and Bolt
- The spindle includes the EZ Lube grease system
- Ability to replace a damaged spindle in the field greatly reduces repair costs by not having to replace the complete axle.
- With only one bolt to remove, the procedure is quick and easy.
- Removal of the spindle requires no special tools
- A positive spindle location with "D" washer design ensures proper brake flange location for brakes and EZ Lube hole.
- Postive depth location with clamping bolt and detent groove takes out the guess work with no measuring required.
- Clamping bolt and washer are made of stainless steel to resist corrosion resulting in easy removal.
- One spindle will replace either side, no need to order a left hand or right hand side.
- *** Must have a Torflex Axle with the Removable spindle option ***
- Will not work on Torflex Axles with spindle welded to the arm.
- Instructions included with kit
- Two year limited warranty
- Patented, other patents pending
Can I add this Feature to my existing axle?
No, if your axle is not equipped with the removable spindle option, it cannot be added.
Do I have to replace the hubs?
Only if they have been damaged, but you should replace bearing cones, cups and seals.
Can the arm assembly be replaced?
No, it is welded in place.
Can I change to a larger size spindle?
No, each size spindle is made for a specific axle.
Can I change the axle starting angle?
No, the angle is not adjustable.
Will my old hubs fit my replacement spindle?
Yes, the new spindles are sized for the axle capacity.
Do I need special tools to change the spindle?
No, standard hand tools are all that is required.
I can't get the spindle out of the hole.
Follow the Installation/Removal procedure instructions. You may need to drive the wedge in deeper. If rusted, spray with penetrating oil.
The threads are damaged in the arm, can I repair them?
Yes, try cleaning up the threads with a 1/2"-20 thread tapping die.
How long will it take to replace one spindle?
Approximately 15 minutes after hub or hub,drum & brake removal.